Frequently Asked Questions
Are services free?
No, services at the Borinquen Medical Centers are not free. Patients pay for services according to their income and household size by applying for our sliding fee schedule.
What do I do if I can’t pay for my care?
How can I obtain HCHCP or Medicaid?
Can anyone apply for the sliding fee schedule?
Can I come to BHCC if I have insurance?
If I have insurance with a high deductible or uncovered services, can I apply for the sliding fee schedule?
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, check, and major credit cards
Do I need to make an appointment?
What do I do if I have an emergency after hours?
I need clinical advice from my Provider or a clinical support team member, what are my options?
- Our Call Center (305) 576-6611 — Monday through Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm
- Call your local center’s location to be routed to an On-Call Provider.
- Or visit your Patient Portal
I want to see a specific doctor – can I request him/her to be my doctor?
I moved to another section of Miami, would my medical records transfer to another Borinquen Medical Center or do I need to obtain a copy?
Can I walk in for a physical?
Walk-in appointments are available for acute illnesses only.
How can I obtain free HIV testing?
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 4:30pm
What is the out-of-pocket cost for a physical?
- School physicals are $25.
- The cost of an adult physical will be dependent on your income and age. Please bring proof of income to the Center closest to you and our staff will be able to assist you in determining the actual cost of your visit.